Self-care is essential if you want to be able to tackle the busyness of motherhood! This starts with fueling your body with nutrient-dense foods. These recipes will give you the energy you need to chase down your kids, attend parties and backyard barbecues, and enjoy all the fun summer brings You won't regret it!
I found Siete Wraps a few years ago while following Dr. Hyman's Detox & they are life changing! Not really, but they are SO good & complimentary to most diets. They are grain-free, gluten-free, dairy-free & vegan. Lot's of wins! The ingredients are almond flour, tapioca flour, water, sea salt, & xanthan gum. You can find them in the refrigerated section at Heinens near the butter. Surprisingly, they don't crumble and fall apart which is how a lot gluten-free wraps are. I whipped this wrap together when I was in a rush one day and it's now a staple! Lots of nutrient-dense foods, and healthy probiotics for your tummy from the fermented kraut.
Siete Turkey Wrap:
- 1 Almond-Flour Siete Wrap
- 2 TBSP Tessamae's Organic Creamy Ranch (WHOLE 30 approved)
- 1/4 Cup Organic Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 1/4 Cup Cleveland Kraut Original
- 1-2 Slices of Applegate Smoked Turkey (Nitrate & Nitrite-Free)
- Sliced Avocado
- Place 1-2 slices of turkey on a Siete Wrap. Add Cleveland Kraut, cherry tomatoes, sliced avocado & drizzle dressing on top. That's it!
- If you find Siete Wraps on sale, buy more than 1 package and freeze them until you're ready to use them.
- You can use leftover chicken instead of sliced turkey.
- If you're vegan, sub tofu for turkey.
- KID VERSION. Our kids are not huge fans of these wraps. I use Maria & Ricardo's Organic Tortillas instead. Spread hummus on a wrap and add 1 slice of turkey & sliced cucumber. Cut them into pinwheels. KID APPROVED!
And some days, I make a HUGE smoothie and sip on it mid-morning through lunch or for my lunch. You want to make sure you have enough protein in your smoothie for a meal replacement and also some healthy fats. Here is one of my go-to smoothies for myself!
- 2 Large Handfuls of Organic Power Greens
- 1 Cup of Frozen Organic Mixed Berry Fruit Blend
- 2 Scoops Vital Protein Collagen (17 gr. protein)
- 2-3 TBSP Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
- 5 Frozen Chunks of Pineapple
- 1 Cup S.O. Delicious Unsweeted (or Original) Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Water
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender. Blend & enjoy!
- The pumpkin seeds make smoothies creamy & are basically tasteless!
- You can use fresh fruit instead of frozen. Make sure you add ice for a nice cold smoothie.
- Hemps seeds are a great addition to any smoothie as well.
No matter how many salads I have eaten in my life- I still crave salads on the daily! I think it's true, you crave what you eat.
- 3/4 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Cup of Organic Mixed Greens
- 1/2 Avocado, Sliced
- Chopped Veggies (Whatever you have on hand! I like cucumbers & carrots)
- 1/4 Cup of Cleveland Kraut, Classic Caraway or Whiskey Dill
- 1 Hard Boiled Pasture Egg
- 1-2 TBSP Organic Pitted Olives
- Tessamae's Lemon Garlic, Creamy Ranch or Zesty Ranch are my favorites!
- DIY dressing is Simple! (2-3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Splash of Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 lemon squeezed, & a dollop of agave nectar, maple syrup or honey).
- Spread cooked quinoa on your plate. Add mixed greens & top with chopped veggies, avocado, Cleveland Kraut, hard boiled egg & olives. Drizzle salad dressing on top & enjoy!
- Buy precooked quinoa to save time.
- Boil a dozen eggs & chop veggies in the beginning of the week to save time!
Find these recipes on Heinens blog as well!